Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Cropover 2016 - South Gap Hotel

 So I stayed at South Gap again. It’s a lovely non pretentious hotel right in the middle of all the action of the very lively St Lawrence Gap. Now I normally do luxury all inclusive when I travel with the kids but I think this is a fab base for when you are travelling with adults or maybe older kids.
Now as the hotel is in the middle of the action expect the area to be very lively and full of noise and excitement especially during the crop over season. Now I’ve read reviews where people have complained about the noise but that can easily be solved by requesting a room on the same level as reception as your room door is inside the building as opposed to upstairs which have doors facing onto St Lawrence Gap (if that makes sense) My cousin and I stayed in room 112 and heard no real noise apart from the waves if we had the balcony door open and lets face it who doesn’t like the sound of waves gently washing into the shore. OMG actually no there was noise, a group of Americans just wouldn’t shut up and they were on either side of us... Oh the joys....
...........

...........
Aside from that our room was lovely and clean and had everything you would need for a comfortable self catering stay (If you watch my Cropover video you can see a walk through of my room) But theres obviously a full sized fridge, hobs, a microwave, a/c, cable TV and enough storage room for 2 fashionistas with like a billion outfits. Oh, and theres also a balcony with the most amazing sea views.

They also have a little bar and restaurant by the pool which has completely improved since last year. Like a completely new atmosphere and vibe. We enjoyed the 1st rum punch of stay there, which was yummy.
...........
Also with the hotel being in St Lawrence Gap you are never short of things to do, but if you wanna venture out a bit the bus stop is maybe 5 mins walk up the road. Similarly if you wanna alternate between cooking yourself and going to St Gaps restaurant or you get home from a night out and the restaurant is closed there are food vendors just outside the hotel in the evenings where you can get anything from a simple burger to Macraroni cheese. There is also a cashpoint in the hotel Car Park.
...........
Although South Gap doesn’t have direct access to the beach, just a short walk up the road and you’re there anyways or you could just hop on a ZR and check out some other beaches on the island. As I always say don’t forget to walk with the 2 essentials; Water and Rum punch :)
...........
I know I said this before in my previous review of this hotel but one of the main reasons I love this hotel is the staff, they’re all lovely and friendly and helpful. From the cleaners to management they all just make you feel at home and I can’t wait to go back. 

2 comments:

  1. Just so true. We love south gap and all the people who make it what it is. Can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely isn't it, I like the fact that it's quite small so you get to know the staff quite quickly.I'm literally counting down the days to my next visit

    ReplyDelete