Monday, 11 January 2016

Mummy I don’t want to talk about it.




So my mum collected the kids last week and explained that Cali was really upset over something that happened at school that day.  All she knew was that someone had hurt Calis feelings. So when I asked Cali she said she didn’t want to talk about it and burst into floods of tears. I was like ‘Did someone hurt you?’ she said no, then started crying and talking at the same time and I couldn’t understand a word she said apart from ‘Don’t tell daddy because I don’t wanna talk to him about it either,’
...........
So while Cali and RD were hanging out with their dad I sat and pondered all the worse case scenarios. I then wondered if she was just tired and being extra sensitive over everything. So when they got back home their dad was concerned because Cali said she didn’t feel well and was upset about something that happened at school but didn’t wanna talk t him about it. So due to my nosey Bajan blood I just had to find out what had happened and why she was so upset. Once again she said she didn’t wanna talk about it.
...........
Then I told her a few stories about stuff that happened to me when I was little regarding friends and how they act. One story in particular seemed to inspire her to open up. Then when she told me the full story I was thinking fuck sake, you got me all hyper over nothing! Basically she was playing with her friends at school and couldn’t be the leader (as another little girl was the leader for that particular game) She didn’t like it at all and got very upset over it. On top of that she was tired and being overly dramatic. So not even anything to worry about. Cali always wants to be first or the leader even at home she will try fight RD to be first when he’s not racing her or in no kinda competition. I’ve explained to her many times about trying to be first all the time as she’s super clumsy and is so fixated on being first that she doesn’t notice any obstructions in her way and always trips over on her face.
...........

I’m hoping this is a phase that she will eventually grow out because I feel like everyday I explain to her that everything is not a competition but it just seems to go in one ear and out the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment