Wednesday, 6 January 2016

In desperate need of some real sleep


So even before the confusion of the Christmas holidays began, for some reason I’ve not been able to get to bed before 1am. This results in me being like super grumpy in the mornings. The lack of sleep is just making me so impatient and snappy, everything is a big issue to me. The kids seem to be getting on my nerves more than usual and I find myself pulling them up on tiny random things that I wouldn’t normally have a problem with.
...........
Most days all I want is to be left alone. Even the thought of having a conversation with someone is tiring and really pisses me off. The worst thing about this is, it’s all self inflicted. If I was to get proper nights sleep I wouldn’t feel this way. But recently it’s become difficult to get to bed at a decent time because time just flies after I’ve put the kids to bed and before I know it it’s bloody after 1am again and I’m still up. This whole lack of sleep thing is like changing my personality, I’m mad at the world most days.
...........
I can’t remember the last time I had 8 hours uninterrupted sleep. I mostly get 2-4 hours a night then just run on adrenaline which is shit. Also the very rare occasions I do get to bed at a decent time something goes wrong, so either my stomach acts up or something’s going on with the kids which results in me having a restless night and waking up feeling like I’ve not slept at all.
...........

I’m now on a mission to organise myself and be strict so I’m in bed by 11. I can’t take feeling drained and being so knackered I can’t function properly everyday. Something needs to change; I can’t continue to live my life this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment