Monday, 21 December 2015

Steak & Co Review

So after finding ourselves down Londons West End and really craving proper meat me and my bestie decided to head to Steak & Co which is just off Leicester Square. Now my friend had been before a while ago and recommended it so I was looking forward to it. Now when we got there, there was a host with a list, it actually reminded me of the hosts that stand outside those pretentious West End nightclubs judging everyone and not letting certain people in. So after a little wait we were allowed inside to the bar to finish waiting for our table to be prepared. So as we were at the bar we went halves on a bottle of wine, which was stupidly priced by the way, but it tasted good and we were down the West End so oh well.
...........
OK seated at the table now, I looked around a realized the restaurant was completely ram and it's not  big place and I'm stupidly claustrophobic, but, as we were seated near the door I thought I'd be OK. The waitress comes to us to take our order, then the more questions we asked the more irritated she got, to the point where she was rude and hostile. The dumb thing is it's not your average restaurant where you order your food and they bring it out, they actually bring you the steak cooked then you finish off seasoning and cooking it on your own individual hot stones. Now my friend had been before and didn't fancy cooking it on the hot stone and just wanted it already cooked, as she had done that the last time she went there and for some reason that seemed to tip the waitress over the edge. She started to get angry and harassed then started banging the menu impatiently forcing her to hurry up.
...........
We both ordered Rump Steak with mashed potato (I was baffled as to why the steaks didn't come as a meal and why you had to buy everything separately) The waitress told my friend her steak wouldn't be hot when she got it as they have to leave the steak on the side once they've cooked it. What a load of bollocks! So the steak comes out, mines with the hot stone and seasoning. So I'm trying to cook the steak on the hot stone and it keeps spitting at me, then the heat from the cooking and the hot stone was just too much and I started to feel faint. I tried the potato and it was luke warm which really irritated me, after all that fuss. My friends was luke warm too, so we sent it back. By the time it comes back out I feel even more faint from the heat of everyone cooking on a hot stone in a small restaurant and actually had to go outside for some air.
...........
Came back in and drank some water and attempted to eat some food, which was OK, not worth the money we paid for it though. Then as people started to leave from the waitresses section she mysteriously started to be 'nice' to ensure she got a tip. Umm... no. She was such a cow to my friend. I was overly nice to her just to ensure no one spat in our food (I've been a waitress in a restaurant before I know what can happen with diners who piss you off) but for some reason she took a disliking  to us from the time we were seated and opened our mouths. Needless to say we will not be going back there.
...........
Annoyingly we went TGI Fridays for cocktails after and thinking back we should've just gone to eat there.

No comments:

Post a Comment