Monday, 30 November 2015

The Joys of Motherhood...

So since I got this bed the kids (particularly RD) have taken that as an invitation to invite themselves in more or less every night. Luckily it’s very rare that they both jump in on the same night so at least I get a tiny piece of space and I mean tiny. I still don’t get how someone so small can take up that much room in a bed. So basically this picture happened last night. I had just pulled back my quilt ready for me to jump in and by the time I had switched off all the lights RD was in my bed and sleeping hard like he’d been there ages. Now I don’t know how he does this but he does it a lot, I think I need to stop feeding him carrots because he seems to be able to see in the dark to find my bed. 
...........
Sometimes I will roll over in the middle of the night and be like OMG what is that?! And its him all snuggled up in my bed with all of the covers and one of my pillows (I’m still baffled as to how he manages to steal my pillow) The 1st few times he did this I would actually jump out of my bed and switch on the lights with my heart pounding convincing myself  that someone must've climbed up the block of flats, slid through the window and quietly crept in my bed and was waiting with an axe to finish me off.
...........
As you can see he is literally right in the middle of the bed and the thing is with him, because he sleeps so bad whenever I try roll him over so I can get some room he rolls right back and is literally hitched up at the back of me. Most mornings I wake up right on the edge of my bed while he’s there in the middle sleeping like a starfish. Oh the joys of motherhood...

No comments:

Post a Comment