Monday, 2 November 2015

Is BA turning into EasyJet?


Now, me and the kids love going on long haul flights because everything is included in the ticket price. So unlike airlines like Easyjet and Ryanair you don’t normally have to pay extra for your luggage, in-flight meals or entertainment. But it seems that BA are now kinda taking a leaf out of the budget airlines book and are charging for meals. Now they’re not charging for the standard meals (which remain free... for now) they’re now giving you the extra option of pre booking an alternative meal at a cost on their flights from Heathrow.
........
I mean I’m sure we’ve all been there before when you’re flying economy and are looking forward to your beef in-flight meal and by the time they get to you they only have a veggie option left, but is charging people to guarantee their choice really the best way to go?
........
BA say that you can purchase an alternative to the complimentary in-flight meal, which I think is ridiculous why should people who fly in economy have to pay for better food, why not just make the food more tasty then there’s no need for an alternative. Because surely if you really wanted gourmet food on your flight then you would’ve already paid the extra to fly Premium economy and upwards.
........
Meals range from £15.00 for a full English Breakfast to £18.00 for gourmet dining and you can pre order them 30 days to 24 hours before flying. Now I must say they are only charging economy passengers for these pre-booked meals because if you’re in Premium or Fancy class although you can pre book the meal it’s a meal that they would already be serving you so there’s no extra cost. But even that doesn’t make sense to me because why pre book something you’re already gonna get?
........
I’ve flown both premium and economy and when I fly economy, I do so because it’s cheap and I’m on a tight budget and I’m trying to save money so I have more to spend on holiday, so why try make more money from these kind of people. I really don’t get it, what else are they’re gonna bring in that economy passengers have to pay extra for, clean toilets? Better movie channels?
........
It just baffles me that a proper scheduled airline, not even a cheap charter one, wants to charge for these things when you’ve already paid an arm and a leg for the ticket. Now I know it’s just an option and you don’t have to spend the extra money on it but like I said before why not give economy passengers good food then this wouldn’t even need to be an option. This just makes me feel that BA have no plans on improving their in-flight meals as they can say if you don’t like them they’ve given you an alternative, regardless of if you have to pay extra for it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment