Friday, 2 October 2015

I don't wanna be pretty anymore mummy

So for a while now RD has been telling me he wants his hair cut off mainly because he's pretty and everyone thinks he's a girl and he doesn't like it. He has been telling me he's not pretty and he's not a girl and he wants 'small hair like daddy' I explained to him that even if he cuts his hair he will still be pretty because he looks just like mummy (oooh I can feel my head swelling lol) but he said he didn't mind as long as he didn't look like a pretty girl.

In his defence people do always think he's a girl they think that him and Cali are twin girls and always tell me how beautiful my twin girls are. I'm always like HE is a boy and they're a year apart. So basically I caved and agreed for him to get his hair cut. Now this was difficult for me because as black people we hate cutting hair especially when the person has long hair, but I thought, OK he's made his decision and it will make him happy and feel more comfortable so why not.

Soo.. his dad took him barbers yesterday and now my baby looks all grown up. It's amazing how a simple haircut can change your childs features as I now think he looks just like his dad whereas before he looked like my clone. But he likes it although he wants it a bit shorter, so in a couple weeks his dad will take him back to get more hair chopped off.

But on the bright side that now gives me less work to do as I now only have one head to plait so I can now concentrate on Calis hair and spend more time experimenting with fancy new hairstyles :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment