Wednesday, 1 July 2015

When was the last time you was you?

Now that may sound like an odd question to ask, but after my ‘Reliving my youth’ post, it made me question when the last time was I was simply Jade and not Mummy Jade. Although I love being a mummy, I don’t have much of a social life as I’m in Mummy Mode pretty much all the time. Most times (as much as the kids can sometimes get on my nerves) I don’t wanna leave them to go out and the times when they’re away, I basically can’t be assed to go anywhere as I know I will have some kinda panic attack which will lead to stomach problems and ruin my day anyway. I know I should go out more but its just hard, then when I don’t go out I feel old and boring and realistically I’m not all that old to be feeling like a grandma. Speaking of grandmothers even my mum goes out more than me, shit even my kids have more of a social life than me. But I guess I’ve been hiding behind the kids for so long that I’ve kinda lost my identity a bit and find myself being quite quiet/shy and reserved around people when I do go out, which is not my personality at all, but I just feel like I don’t know who I am anymore outside of being a mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi jade, I know how you feel I'm only 30 and have one little girl, I used to be bubbly and out going and now how ever much I love being a mummy I don't feel like me anymore.. I'm nervous to go out because I suffer with health anxiety and worry about having a drink incase it brings on a panic attack, but feeling lost affects my relationship with my daughter. I want to be fun katie with ny daughter. How do we find ourselves again

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete