Friday, 3 July 2015

Travelling through America with the monsters



So thinking about it makes me feel that maybe I’m a bit crazy but I wanna do a tour through America with the monsters. I wanted to save enough money to take them away for the whole of the summer holidays and literally come back just in time for school. I don’t yet know where I want to start or end up but I know I definitely want to take in San Francisco as I’ve always wanted to go  there since watching Full House as a child and see the Golden bridge that was featured on the opening credits. I also wanna go to Atlanta. The only thing is I’m not a fan of domestic flights, so I wanna do the whole tour via bus or train, plus those methods should be cheaper than a flight anyway. It would also feel more like an adventure that way and give the kids lots of things to look at which would help to keep them occupied and just like our Heathrow trip, It will make the whole trip into a project and make a workbook with different activities to do in different parts of America. I’m also going to invest in a Polaroid camera so that the monsters can each take pictures and put them in their scrapbook. I also want to film the whole adventure from not just mine but from the monsters point of view.

I can already imagine that this is going to take a lot of planning as I think I may pre book our accommodation instead of just turning up and trying to find somewhere to stay, I think pre booking will take the stress out of it and the earlier I book, the more I can haggle down the prices. Also I’m guessing it would make sense to take a backpack instead of your standard suitcase, so maybe in the Christmas sales I’ll look out for a cute funky big travellers backpack. Depending on how much this trip is gonna cost I might have to aim for 2017 as at least the monsters will be 7 and 8 which (I’m hoping) is a good age to take them on that kinda adventure...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely post. You've added some valuable tips on you post. Your blog is very helpful and informative.

    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your post. This post really awesome and very helpful to me. Please keep posting good contents. Thank you.
    kimera

    ReplyDelete