Sunday, 9 November 2014

Get down, Boogie Oogie Oogie

I really wanted an activity that the kids could look forward to every week and that they would enjoy and get to do something creative and fun and I’m so glad I chose dancing. They both always sing and dance around the house and both wanted to try dance school. They absolutely love it, especially RD who really comes out of his shell when he’s there. Normally it’s a struggle to get him to go anywhere without clinging to me, but as soon as class starts he’s like the first one in there and doesn't look back which is great, although I wish he would do that at school, because every morning we have the same problem, he will not go into class and will cling onto me and the teacher has to take him in. This happened at nursery, football and holiday clubs. He’s loving it even more now that his dance shoes have arrived (Cali had hers but we had to order in RDs size) he really seems to be in his element when he’s there which actually makes me feel really happy, like I’ve found something he genuinely likes and is interested in.
I also really really want them to both learn Salsa dancing but I can’t find any kids classes locally so now I’m wondering if I’d have to enrol maybe in ballroom dancing, because I’m sure ballroom covers all the different dancing styles.... I think... I’m gonna have to look into it. I recently saw a video of some little kids doing Salsa and showed it to the kids and we were literally all like WOW! I’d love for them to be able to do that.
....
On a side note if you're not old enough to know about the song I'm referring to in the title here it is, I love this song, Oh and BTW I'm not old enough to know this song either.... well that's my story and I'm sticking to it lol

No comments:

Post a Comment