Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Already planning next years holiday


Although I normally do a long haul holiday with the kids, I’m actually looking forward to taking them somewhere a bit closer next year, like maybe somewhere like Tenerife. Although it’s not really gonna be much of a holiday for me, I’m actually looking forward to having some early nights and spending days in the pool or by the beach (which is really all the kids care about.)
Although it’s not the Caribbean, the weather is normally lovely there (well better than our crap weather anyway) they have real beaches, it’s not too far and it gives the kids a chance to practise their Spanish. Also because it will be more of a kids holiday it won’t take as much planning as a trip further afield, because all I need is somewhere clean, with a pool and good food reviews (because I refuse to get food poisoning again on a holiday) I would probably go Half Board and eat breakfast and dinner there and go out somewhere for lunch. Also I don’t need to look for a kids club (which saves money as hotels with kids clubs tend to be more expensive) because my 2 will be happy to be in the pool all day and explore in the afternoon.
I don’t know that much about the Spanish Isles as I am probably one of the few people who didn’t go there as a child, so need to see where exactly is best to stay. But it should be a fab holiday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog! I'm a mum of two little boys, we love to travel and try new things. Do you think you could recommend me some websites where to look for holiday deals? As for Tenerife, we haven't been there, but I can definitely recommend Benalmadena in Costa del Sol in Southern Spain where we used to live for four years. Lovely beaches, lots of things to do with kids (a big park with animals, Sea Life, Aquapark, Cable Car in the Mountains)...if you'd like more info about hotels, let me know! All the best to you and your kids, Hanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hanna. Yes with travel deals if you're looking for long haul, I always try to book through Virgin Holidays theres a lovely lady there who always manages to get me some fab deals. If you want I can send you her details. Also places like Expedia are good if you are ready to book on the spot, I've found if you actually call them they will give you an on the spot special deal (cheaper than their website) also to save yourself checking everywhere if you go to a shop like Thomas Cook etc depending on when you want to go they will call around everywhere and haggle on your behalf so you can sometimes end up with a cheaper price that way than by going online and doing your own price comparison. I also find Opodo (if you search Flight+Hotel) tends to come up cheap. Hope that helps...

      Delete
    2. Also thanks for the recommendation I'm definitely gonna look into it, that sounds really good! Hows the weather over there is there maybe any times I should avoid going?

      Delete