Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Living abroad


For a while now I’ve been thinking I’d love to pack my bags and take the kids to a new country and stay there. Not permanently, but for a few months at least. I’d love to go somewhere that’s completely different to the kind of places we are used to. I’d love to go and completely immerse myself in their culture, learn the language and just be one of them for the duration of my stay. I’d love for the kids to experience school life in a different country and see how different it is and how much more they learn.

But, I’m sure the kids current school would never allow me to just randomly take the kids out of school for a few months and hold their space for them until we get back. So my only other option is to save and travel during the summer holidays.

Now I love Japan and have always always wanted to visit there plus I’m sure they have a Disney World there too as well as other cool things for the kids to do so I’m sure they would love it. So maybe we could start there and use the whole 6 weeks travelling to neighbouring countries like maybe Thailand, Malaysia, China and Singapore.
Or another option would be to travel around America because I’d love to take in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I would obviously have to be super organised and pre plan a lot of activities to keep the kids entertained and I could also keep the costs down by travelling via bus and train as opposed to taking lots of domestic flights. It would actually be a nice little adventure and something cool to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment