Friday, 9 May 2014

Don't buy cheap hair!!!!


So after taking my hair out from my last load of extensions I realized my hair had grown quickly, so much so that it has grown out of my haircut, so while I was in the annoying in between length I thought I'd do a treatment then put back in some more extensions till my hair grew out some more.
So I decided on doing box braids because they're easy simple cute and cheap, I normally do Marley braids but didn't wanna spend the extra on Marley braid hair. OK, so I normally buy my hair from Cyberlox shop, which is like an alternative hair store, OK it's more expensive than going to Peckham to get hair cheaper, but I've never had a problem with this hair. Anyways as I was being super cheap and didn't wanna pay near £8 for next day delivery I decided to go in town to the local hair shop and just get some cheap bags of hair.
So as per normal I washed them before I put them in my hair and then did my hair kinda to the side which looked OK (I wasn't totally convinced by the style tbh). I then took some pics to post on Instagram and soon after my neck just startedburning, like it felt like it was on fire, but strangely it was only burning on the side that my hair was on. I then got some rash that turned from red to purple then this rash spread round to the front of my neck and down to the top of my shoulder and that whole area looked red and blotchy and also like I'd been clawing at my own neck. Instantly I realized I was having some kinda allergic reaction to the synthetic kanekolon hair in my head. OMG it was sooooo painful, then the rash turned into lots of tiny white spots on my neck. Although in my head I was freaking out because the sight of bumps and rashes just makes me feel funny I thought OK what would I do if the kids had an allergic reaction to something. So I literally used every form of antiseptic in my bathroom I then put on Calamine lotion and then remembered Piriton is good for reactions and luckily I had a bottle there for the kids so I took some of that too.
Today although it's still sensitive on my neck it's not as bad as it was yesterday and the white bumps have gone but I can still feel tiny bumps if I run my fingers over my neck. My cousin suggested I go to the Doctors but my Doctors are a nightmare to get hold of and said I would need to come in as a walk in patient and wait up to 2 hours, ummm... no thanks. But saying that, I dunno if I'm getting paranoid but I just keep feeling itchy everywhere, this is not fun at all. I'm always doing my hair, whether it's dying it, relaxing it or putting in extentions and I've never had a problem. I'm assuming I'm allergic to that particular brand of hair (which I won't ever be using again btw) so now I'm just gonna stick to the more expensive hair brands that I know and trust.

If you look closely you can see a purple mark on my neck that was the most painful part
But yeah don't be cheap when it comes to your hair DO NOT buy cheap bargain bin hair because I would hate for this to happen to someone else it is really painful and actually made me feel really sick and paranoid. I have learned my lesson for sure and will NEVER install cheap hair again.

6 comments:

  1. Just went through this. Same kind of hair but new packaging so I'm wondering if there is a different formula??? Anyway, woke up like you and my chest, neck and ears were on fire!!! Went to emergency care and we ruled out everything else , so it had to have been the hair. I usually buy X-pressions but I'm going to keep braids out of my head for some time. my chest, ears, neck AND arms are all blotchy and spotty now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no poor you.I reckon although it's all kanekalon hair the cheaper brands must treat it with different chemicals to the more expensive well known brands. I had a good search online and found that if you soak the hair in vinegar before installing it helps to neutralise the chemicals or something so I always do that before I put any hair in now.

      Have you tried using any allergy/hayfever tablets? Those really helped to clear mine along with calomine lotion. It is scarey though.

      I hope you feel better soon x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went through this. Same kind of hair but new packaging so I'm wondering if there is a different formula??? Anyway, woke up like you and my chest, neck and ears were on fire!!! Went to emergency care and we ruled out everything else , so it had to have been the hair. I usually buy X-pressions but I'm going to keep braids out of my head for some time. my chest, ears, neck AND arms are all blotchy and spotty now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I got box braids done on Friday with the same Kenakolon hair and the same thing happened to me around my whole hair line. It was so bad that I was waking up in the middle of the night from the terrible itch that after 4 days of installation I had to take them out! Did you prep the hair with ACV mixture or did you just wash it with shampoo and conditioner? Also, has anybody else experienced hair loss from this because mine is falling by the boat loads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg your hairs falling out? That's crazy! Yes I only washed the hair in shampoo, but since then I've been soaking the hair in vinegar as well as the usual wash and I've not had any problems since. I've also found I'm just not good with box braids in general something always goes wrong so now I stick exclusively to Marley hair

      Delete