Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Cali's hair journey

1st Set of kinky twists

Most recent Marley Twists
So, so far we have been through 3 different sets of kinky twists in Calis hair, the 1st and second time we used Kinky hair and the most recent set we used Marley braid and then I curled the ends. I think these ones blend the best with her hair and I love them on her. I’ve also noticed that since I’ve been putting twists in her hair it’s been getting a lot softer. I’ve continued to use Shea butter conditioner in overnight, followed by an Olive Oil and Shea Butter kids shampoo/conditioner followed by Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner. I then use detangler on her hair and Olive oil heat protector before I blow dry it. After her last wash I was shocked when
the blow dryer (I use the comb attachment) slid easily through her hair and her hair felt super soft to touch too which is an achievement as her hair is normally tough and feels like a brillo pad no matter how much product I put in it.
So my new plan of action with her hair is gonna be one month in twists and a week out to let her hair breath, then I will continue that pattern with regular trims until the summer then I will take it out and hopefully after all my hard work her hair would’ve grown and be more manageable. Then there won’t be any real need for extensions unless it’s maybe a special occasion.

I love the fact that I’ve found the right products to make Cali’s hair soft now the next challenge is to find a way to make it grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment