Tuesday, 15 October 2013

How I managed to turn 22 again

So it was my birthday on 6th October and as I imagined I was in denial about turning 31 and officially being IN my 30s so I thought maybe if I didn't make a big deal about it or celebrate or even acknowledge it then technically it wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't turn a year older, but when I realised that was just silly, I thought of something even better (or some may say sillier, if that's a word? Or would it be more silly?) anyways I decided to come up with a new way of dealing with ageing. Now that I'm in my 30s I feel I have the right to now choose an age I fancy being that year, so this year I decided to be 22. Why 22? You may ask, well, I remember enjoying that age, I had no real responsibilities and just lived a carefree student life. I do realise this new method could get a bit tricky as the kids get older especially if I decide to maybe turn 18 one year, but at least I can get away with it for at least a few more years.

So I meant to say earlier that on the actual day of my birthday my mum auntie and cousin came over and the kids helped my mum bake a birthday cake for me which was quite cute. The kids enjoyed playing with my birthday balloons and I enjoyed the food and wine.




Then the following week I went out to shake a leg with my girls and let me tell you I really felt old. I actually complained about the bass and being too hot then too cold when the A/C kicked in. I actually spent a lot of the time in VIP which was a perfect temperature and had comfy sofas to relax on... yeah... I know.. I really need to get out more...

Anyways Happy Birthday to me (I'm 22 by the way hahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment